United Way of Central Carolinas is seeking a skilled volunteer team to assess their needs and select the best application to manage their data.
The United Way of Central Carolinas (UWCC) fights for the education, health and financial stability of every person in our community. Their work includes Unite Charlotte, United Neighborhoods, Impact Grants, and support of community partners that provide basic needs, financial stability, education and health. They serve our families, friends and neighbors in need throughout five counties in the Charlotte region – Anson, Cabarrus, Charlotte/Mecklenburg, Mooresville/Lake Norman and Union.
United Way of Central Carolinas would like to assistance reviewing their current grant making/tracking software system and selecting new system(s) that will better support their organization’s frame. They currently utilizes the e-CImpact grant management application. This system is designed for grant makers with relatively low turnover among their funded agencies from year to year. UWCC brings in a significant number of new agencies every year, many of which are grassroots. These organizations find the account set-up very cumbersome. For this reason, UWCC would like to find a system that better supports their framework and nonprofit grantees.
The scope of this project would include:
- Current State Assessment – Skilled volunteer team will work with UWCC to understand high level processes, gaps and pain points
- Document requirements –Skilled volunteer team will work with UWCC to document prioritized requirements based on needs of the organization
- Conduct marketplace research – Skilled volunteer team will conduct marketplace research to determine 3-4 tools available in the marketplace that meet requirements and are within budget
- Demo and evaluation – Skilled volunteer team will schedule demos and help guide evaluation of each tool against list of requirements
- Decision – UWCC will select the application that best fits needs and budget.