Volunteers work alongside NCPC Smart Start, assessing their needs to create a plan that addresses infrastructure and technology pain points
The North Carolina Partnership for Children (NCPC) guides and facilitates the Smart Start Network, supporting the work of local partnerships and connecting them to the statewide early childhood system. NCPC develops policy for Smart Start programs and services and ensures accountability. They support 75 Smart Start partners throughout North Carolina.
The North Carolina Partnership for Children would like to create a comprehensive technology plan that includes budgeting, streamlining operations, and better positioning them to meet business demands. The organization would like a team to provide a technology assessment that identifies potential gaps, pain points, and opportunities to improve the organization’s current infrastructure, operations, security, and technology policies.
Apparo matched the organization with skilled volunteers from Duke Energy, Hylaine, and Divergent IT Consulting. Volunteers will work alongside the NCPC Smart Start on this Technology Plan Community Impact Project to assess their current technology status, create an integrated technology plan, and improve long-term efficiencies. Volunteers will support the organization with this technology plan and 3-5-year roadmap, better-positioning them for the future.
Comprehensive recommendations will be provided that include, but are not limited to:
- Infrastructure (hardware, software, network, data centers, etc.)
- IT support and maintenance
- IT departmental structure, organization and personnel needs
- Software applications-
- Practices and current tools used
- Potential software integration opportunities
- Any new application(s) needed
- Security – data backups, Antivirus, etc.
- Recommended technology policies
- Training needs
- Overall technology budget
- Timeline for required implementations/purchases/etc.
- Review of contracted services
- Review of purchasing practice
NCPC Smart Start Team: Amy Cubbage, Safiyah Jackson, Nancy Olson, Lisa Rash, Lakeisha Johnson, Katya Bogomoletc, Jonathan Moore, Christine Bauer, Jessica Carter, Charissa Crawford, Casey Strange, Benjamin Von Blon
Volunteer Team: Matthew Galimi- Divergent IT Consulting, Craig Pilkenton- Hylaine, John Leskowat- Duke Energy, Zack Harris- Duke Energy