Apparo’s Team Trainings are custom tailored to the needs of your nonprofit staff. We meet every staff member where they are and lift the whole team’s abilities.
When you partner with Apparo, you select the course content, and our skilled volunteers deliver the course your way. We work with you to continuously support your learners and improve the experience.
By collaborating with Apparo, you can tackle your unique challenges and strengthen your team with a training that fits your needs.
So, what are your next steps?
1. Decide on Skill Sets
The first stage is to decide on the technical skill sets that you require all your team members to have to do their jobs properly. If specialized skills are needed for one or two staff, consider requesting a Tech Therapist for 1:1 coaching.
You could also ask staff for their feedback and suggestions. Or consider sending out a survey like this.
Common required skill sets include being proficient using Microsoft365 or Google Workspace apps such as Excel/Sheets, Teams/Meets, file storage and organization, and more.
2. Contact Us
After you have some ideas, reach out to Apparo. Fill out an online request form on our Nonprofits Getting Started page and an Apparo team member will contact you to explore your training need.
3. Collaborate with Apparo and Skilled Volunteer(s)
With the volunteer trainer(s) and Apparo staff, you will work together to define your goals and desired outcomes, evaluate the skills of the staff to highlight the skills gap and create a training that uniquely fits your organization.
- Define the Goals and Desired Outcomes: We will chat with you about your training goal(s) and desired outcomes. For example, for all staff to learn or enhance a skill set to be more efficient and effective as a team.
- Evaluate the Skills of Staff: We will ask you to look at all your team members and evaluate their current skill levels in relation to the skills you have laid out in the first stage of this process. This may be done by observation or by a tailored questionnaire.
- Highlight The Skills Gap: When we know where you want your team to be and the level they are currently at, we will easily be able to see the gap that has appeared between the two. We will use this information to help close that gap and ensure your team is at the level you expect them to be.
4. Develop the training plan
Based on the rapid training need analysis outlined above, we will work together to decide on course duration, delivery mode, the agenda, content and more.
Your team will be encouraged to actively participate in the custom course that you designed. They will have the opportunity to learn actionable strategies to implement in their daily work based on the topics that you chose.
Apparo’s Team Trainings are up to 4 hours with a small contribution fee. The 4 hours may be broken up into multiple sessions, if desired.