Apparo’s CIO Insights, a series of five forums, gives local CIOs and other IT professionals exclusive opportunities during the year to hear from leaders in the technology industry around hot topics, business challenges, and solutions and best practices, as well as to network with business partners and peers. “The pandemic has shone a light on the resilience of our businesses as companies struggle to pull together a country-level approach that links together cybersecurity, technology, resilience, people, supply chain and property issues – while also focusing on what really matters to the business — critical assets and services.”* Working with increased vigilance, and understanding how to mitigate risks in this climate of uncertainty is of the utmost importance.
Topic Background: As IT budgets decline and security needs morph, C-Suite Tech leaders will need to address the 5 layers of priority: Leadership, Culture, People, Process, and Infrastructure.
Our CISO Panelists Discussed:
- Looking at how COVID-19 has affected the way business leaders treat cybersecurity
- Responding to increased scrutiny threats to a primarily remote workforce
- Addressing increased vulnerabilities to phishing and other email-based threats
- Balancing a need for more robust cybersecurity despite shrinking IT budgets
Thank you to our panelists for channeling this topic and sharing how these findings are helping them lead in their industries.
- Ben Agner – Director of Global Security Portfolio Management at Aflac
- Rick Doten – CISO at Carolina Complete Health, and VP of Information Security at Centene Corporation
- Mike Privette – Managing Partner at Fraction Consulting, and CISO of national financial institution
- Anthony “AJ” Johnson – Managing Partner at Delve Risk and past CISO of GE Capital Treasury, Fannie Mae, and past Deputy CISO at Capital One
As well as a big thanks to our facilitator:
- Brian Rossmeisl – Senior Consultant at AccessIT Group
And thank you to our sponsors! Without them, this rich discussion wouldn’t have been possible.
View Discussion Recording:
Embed not showing? View here.