Charlotte Regional Business Alliance is seeking a skilled volunteer team to conduct an assessment of their current data management systems and assist with an application selection process.
Charlotte Regional Business Alliance enthusiastically collaborates to promote and advance the Charlotte Region, creating opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity for all. They serve fifteen counties surrounding Mecklenburg County. The CLT Alliance is the voice of business and only regional economic development organization that grows the economy, advocates for business and convenes diverse stakeholders for the city of Charlotte and the 15-county, bi-state region.
Charlotte Regional Business Alliance (CRBA) would like assistance with selecting a software application to managed their membership data more effectively. Their current tool tracks revenue and members as well as manages their events, website and marketing communications (email marketing). The website integration has limitations as a CRM and for reporting and they would like it to be a separate platform. This project will help streamline technology for their staff and enable their them to track data more efficiently as well as help with reporting needs.
The volunteer team will assess their current business processes. Through this assessment a business process and requirements document will be created. Once this step is complete, the team will assist with selecting a platform that fits the business processes & requirements identified.
Key Project Steps
- Current State Assessment – Skilled volunteer team will work with Charlotte Regional Business Alliance to assess membership business processes
- Create Business Requirements Document –Skilled volunteer team will work CRBA to document business requirements based on their business processes, gaps/pain points and current/future needs
- Conduct Marketplace Research – Skilled volunteer team will conduct marketplace research to determine three to four applications available in the marketplace that meet the requirements and budget
- Demo and Evaluation – Skilled volunteer team will schedule demos and help guide evaluation of each application against list of requirements
- Decision – CRBA will select application that best fits their needs
- Additional help, if volunteers have the skillset – provide advice or guidance on pulling together a migration plan of migrating existing data to new system.