Carolina Migrant Network is seeking a skilled volunteer team to conduct an assessment of their current business processes and assist with an application selection process.
Carolina Migrant Network’s (CMN) core mission is to build and sustain services for migrants targeted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to access compassionate and competent pro-bono legal representation. CMN’s mission is to create a true alliance between legal service providers, facilitators, educators, artists, and all those who want to truly exist in community with each other.
Carolina Migrant Network (CMN) uses multiples software to track different elements of their organization including Google docs, Excel and Questionnaires. Overall, CMN needs data tracking for grant reports, applications, participant demographics, and types of cases. This will help streamline and track their data so they be more efficient and can save staff time to focus on their mission.
The volunteer team will assess their current business processes. Through this assessment a business process and requirements document will be created. Once this step is complete, the team will assist with selecting a platform that fits the business processes & requirements identified.
Key Project Steps
- Current State Assessment – Skilled volunteer team will work with CMN to assess donor management business processes
- Create Business Requirements Document –Skilled volunteer team will CMN to document business requirements based on their business processes, gaps/pain points and current/future needs
- Conduct Marketplace Research – Skilled volunteer team will conduct marketplace research to determine three to four applications available in the marketplace that meet the requirements and budget
- Demo and Evaluation – Skilled volunteer team will schedule demos and help guide evaluation of each application against list of requirements
- Decision – CMN will select application that best fits their needs
- Additional help, if volunteers have the skillset – provide advice or guidance on pulling together a migration plan of migrating existing data to new system.