Books with Color is seeking a skilled volunteer team to assess their overall business processes for their programming.
Books of Color—a Diversity Drive Author’s Alliance, is a community of creatives driven to promote diversity and equality via access to inclusive reading materials in the home and classroom, so children everywhere feel represented in the books they read. They believe children of all colors should grow up with a wide array of books featuring children of all colors. They raise funds to purchase books from diverse and bilingual authors in an effort to undo the solvable racial social disparity.
Books with Color is headed into their first full year of school programming and have outgrown their manual processes. This assessment will help with updating/creating a guide that will include opportunities to improve both internal business and technology processes and provide a scalable approach as the program is expanded. The project will also involve support with initial implementation of desired process automation.
Key Project Steps:
- Skilled volunteer team will confirm process(s) to be evaluated
- Skilled volunteer team will work with nonprofit to document and assess the high-level process from beginning to end (may include a business process flow diagram)
- Skilled volunteer team will gather information from nonprofit on the IT systems/tools used and technology landscape (org-wide and for the specific process(s))
- Skilled volunteer may interview key nonprofit personnel and assess communication and workflow
- Skilled volunteer team will report findings, provide recommendations and document next steps for process optimization
- Skilled volunteer team will support with education and implementation of recommendations, specifically on areas of automation