Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas is seeking a skilled volunteer team to conduct an assessment of their current donor management system and assist with the application selection process.
As the nation’s largest donor- and volunteer-supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 7 through 14, in communities across the country. They develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas (BBBS) needs an assessment of their current donor data management process, including software/tools being used and their function, and recommendations for streamlining. Once volunteers have assessed the current processes and provided recommendations, the volunteer team will work with BBBS to determine key business requirements for a new donor management system, conduct marketplace research and identify 2-3 tools that meet the requirements, demo viable options, and assist BBBS with making a decision on new software that meets the needs of the organization and are within budget. This new system will increase efficiencies/ease in donor data collection and reporting to better support fundraising efforts.
Key Project Steps:
- Current State Assessment – Volunteers will work with BBBS to understand current high-level processes around donor data collection, management, and reporting
- Document requirements – Volunteers will work with BBBS to document and prioritize business requirements for new software based on needs of the organization
- Conduct marketplace research – Volunteers will identify 2-3 tools in the marketplace that meet business requirements and are within budget
- Demo and evaluation – Volunteers will schedule demos and help guide evaluation of each tool against list of requirements
- Decision – BBBS will select the software solution that best fits their needs and are within budget
- Increase operating efficiencies by better understanding current processes
- Increase staff efficiency and capacity
- Improve fundraising efforts with improved/accurate data collection and reporting
The outcome of this project will be to document the current donor data management process, identify where work can be streamlined and then to research, evaluate and select a donor management tool that will best fit current and future needs. This project will be a foundation step in their growth and help in identifying where technology can be leveraged.