Bearings Bike Works is seeking a skilled volunteer team to assess their overall business processes for their programming.
Bearings operates four unique youth development programs that help students ages 6-18 develop hard skills, soft skills, and character strengths that can make a difference in future career success. Although the prospect of earning a bike is what draws kids to the program, the excitement of learning new skills and being a part of a community keeps them returning, week after week. Currently they serve approximately 300+ students around Southwest Atlanta.
Post-pandemic, the Bearings team grew in size, and their current business processes changed. They need help with reorganizing and identifying ways to improve business processes and formally document them to run their organization more efficiently. As part of the project, they also need recommendations on how to better track inventory in their retail bike shop.
Key Project Steps:
- Skilled volunteer team will confirm process(s) to be evaluated
- Skilled volunteer team will work with nonprofit to document the high-level process(s) from beginning to end (may include a business process flow diagram)
- Skilled volunteer team will gather information from nonprofit on the IT systems/tools used and technology landscape (org-wide and for the specific process(s))
- Skilled volunteer will interview key nonprofit personnel and assess communication and workflow
- Skilled volunteer team will report findings, provide recommendations and document next steps for process optimization
Bearings Bike Works is based in Atlanta, GA but all volunteer work can be done virtually.