The Technology Foundations for Nonprofits program is officially launched, after a successful pilot in 2021.
Apparo and United Way of Central Carolinas have formalized our programming to support the first year grantees of Unite Charlotte. Unite Charlotte is an initiative at United Way of Central Carolinas that provides not only funding, but also capacity-building initiatives, to local grassroots organizations advancing racial equity and addressing economic mobility.
Over the course of this 8-week program, participants will:
- Understand the value and importance of prioritizing technology planning and implementation into nonprofit infrastructure and business processes
- Understand basic technology infrastructure
- Learn how business cloud platforms can support their mission
- Gain a basic understanding of digital marketing
- Learn about best practices for donor cultivation and stewardship
- Understand the purpose and benefits of having a donor management system
- Know the available technology resources
They will participate in 4 workshops:
- Technology Foundation Overview
- Business Cloud-Based Productivity Platforms
- Basics of Digital Marketing
- Donor Strategies and Management Systems
Participants will also be matched with a skilled technology volunteer mentor, for advice and guidance on any technology or business process-related questions, challenges or needs.
The nonprofits participating in this program are:
- Alluvium, Inc.
- Brenda H. Tapia Family Foundation
- Do Greater Foundation, Inc.
- EmpowHERment, Inc
- Exodus Foundation.org
- FAMILY MANKIND
- Heal Charlotte
- Healing Vine
- Harbor Inc.
- Innovate Tech Charlotte
- Jessie’s World Incorporated
- Locked Out Love
- Money Magnets Club
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women – Queen City Metropolitan Chapter
- Our Daily Bread Foundation
- Prodigal Son Foundation
- Promise Youth Development Inc
- BOOM Charlotte
- S.T.A.R.S. Math & English Academy
- She Built This City
- The 100 Black Men of Greater Charlotte, Inc.
- The Arts Empowerment Project
- The Bulb Gallery
- The FACTS Initiative
- The Urban Institute for Strengthening Families
- UMBA Bright Stars, Inc.